DO YOU WANT TO REQUEST FINANCIAL AID FOR YOUR CHILD?
We are the JCFA. And we think all kids in Amsterdam should be able to take creative classes.
Like dance, acting, drawing, or making music. Because when kids do those things, they discover
what they are good at. And what they like
Does your kid want to take dance, music, or acting, or drawing classes? And are you a low-
income family? Then we help pay for the course fees
Tip 1: Have your kid take an introductory class. Those are often free. That way, your kid can
figure out if they like that class. And if there is room.
Tip 2: You have to sign your child up yourself with the organization that provides the classes.
We don’t do that for you. You can ask for help from an intermediary
Can you get aid for your child? These are the requirements:
For which classes can you request money?
You can request money for creative classes after school. Below are examples for which
you can and cannot request money
You can request money for:
1. Music. You can also borrow an instrument for free
3. Theatre and acting
4. Drawing and painting
5. Making clothes
6. Much more!
You cannot request money for:
1. Sports and swimming. Does your kid want that? Go to the Jeugdfonds Sport Amsterdam
3. Clothes or shoes
4. Language classes
5. Registration fees or deposits. Deposits are what you pay when you borrow something. Do
you return it? And is it still in one piece? Then you get the deposit back too.
6. Concert tickets
7. Short courses like workshops
8. Cultural classes provided by the school
What is a low income?
Does your family have a city pass? Then you are/have a low-income. You don’t need to
prove that anymore?
What if you don’t have a city pass?
If your family does not have a city pass? Then you have to prove you have a low income.
You can do this via an intermediary
– This family has an income of less than 120% of the minimum wage, OR
– This family has a lot of debt, OR
– This family is not registered with a municipality, OR
– This family cannot pay for the classes
Tip: Go to Amsterdam.nl/pakjekans. There, you will find more information on what is
considered a low income